4/20/2005

Flick of the wrist

Before the main post starts, just let me say I'm honoured to have Knickerblogger featuring me in the latest Carnival. He even has me linked to in his "NBA Blogs & Writers" section. Thanks! Side note, the blog's also a month old yesterday... two achievements in the same day, I'm psyched.

Beatdown!
Hamilton took the night off and it didn't hurt the team a ton, but even if it had it wouldn't have mattered. Holding teams to 68 points is usually a surefire way to be victorious. You can't figure a team that's starting a 35 year old Gugliotta (10.59 PER) is going to go far anyway. I'd analyze more, but it's not like this meant a whole lot. Despite that, this puts the Pistons at 54 wins, eleven of them in a row, so I guess they're going to tie or eclipse last year's regular season after all. Next up, in Charlotte to end the Bobcats' first season.

Nets and Cavs both win
So both teams are now 41-40... it comes down to this, then. Here on Wednesday night, the Nets are in Boston, while Cleveland's in Toronto. You know the idea by now, Cavs need a Nets loss and a win of their own to get in, Nets get in any other way. I wouldn't be shocked if both lost... knowing the Raptors, they might lose on purpose in order to try and screw the Carter and the Nets. I'm not kidding. As much as the fans hate the guy, the players might hate him even more (despite the face they put up for the public).

I recently added some new links to my links section, check them out. They're good reading.

Miles goes off
47 point, 12 board, 5 block effort off the bench... and the Blazers still couldn't pull it out. Then again, they only had 8 guys and Shareef only played 14 minutes. Their entire bench for the game consisted of small forwards too. So I guess they get credit for keeping it remotely close.

NBA, union talk; deal unlikely before season's end
I wasn't worried before, but I am a little worried now. I still suspect there won't be any trouble for next year (they won't let it be like the NHL, I'm sure) but I'm not 100% positive about it. All we can do is hope for the best, I guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger kellydwyer said...

Loving the Queen ref's.

4/20/2005 6:32 a.m.  
Blogger Corey said...

I thought they were fitting. Not only is the music excellent, the song titles are actually fairly relevant too.

4/20/2005 6:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home